1 2 3 < Previous Next > Last >> Page 1
Dog
Woof
Senior Mod
29,695 Posts
I just read the new article on IGN.com about Guitar Hero: World Tour, and even though it hasn't wowed me, it has me suggesting if anyone here is going to buy it? I jokingly stated at the GameFAQs RB board that if Led Zeppelin and System of A Down were in the game I would certainly get it, but it's so evident that Activison is running that franchise into the ground. So is anyone even midly interested in GH: WT?
Replies
non_zero
Superior
Admin
11,485 Posts
Guitar Hero hasn't totally lost me yet. I do admit GH3 has the least replayability of any of the GH games I've tried and a lot of things bugged me about it, but we'll see if they improve any.

I will definitely at least get the game itself. Getting new instruments depends entirely on my financial situation.

I'm also getting GH: Aerosmith.

I will not be getting GH: Metallica.
---
TheRiversCuomo
Christina Hendricks Enthusiast
Moderator
8,301 Posts
nonzzero said:
Guitar Hero hasn't totally lost me yet. I do admit GH3 has the least replayability of any of the GH games I've tried and a lot of things bugged me about it, but we'll see if they improve any.

I will definitely at least get the game itself. Getting new instruments depends entirely on my financial situation.

I'm also getting GH: Aerosmith.

I will not be getting GH: Metallica.


You know what... I agree 100%. I may get GH: Metallica though... depends on what it looks like closer to the release date.
Anonymous
Roadie
0 Posts
I might get just the Aerosmith game, but I'm not buying a bundle. BTW, is Aerosmith only guitar or all instruments? I know that's probably old news, but I still don't know. The only thing I'm DEFINITELY getting is GH:Metallica. I doubt I will get WT, I need to see the setlist,price, and instruments first. I'm greatly looking forward to RB2, though. Right now, GH just looks like a milked franchise. I mean come on, 4 games announced at once?
non_zero
Superior
Admin
11,485 Posts
Aerosmith is guitar-only. The guitar bundle is a just a Les Paul with an Aerosmith faceplate.
---
Anonymous
Roadie
0 Posts
I hate the Les Paul, the frets constantly drop notes. The Xplorer would be good, but my whammy's broken. The Strat's my only fully functioning guitar.
Dude
Lord of the Strings
4,372 Posts
Activision is definitley killing the franchise.
Jonny771
CAPS ARE FUN
924 Posts
nonzzero said:
Guitar Hero hasn't totally lost me yet. I do admit GH3 has the least replayability of any of the GH games I've tried and a lot of things bugged me about it, but we'll see if they improve any.

I will definitely at least get the game itself. Getting new instruments depends entirely on my financial situation.

I'm also getting GH: Aerosmith.

I will not be getting GH: Metallica.
Bingo. Yeah u took the words out of my mouth on that one.
---
Splync said:
Still stands at Twilight Princess for single player, and Brawl for multiplayer. Mario Kart is a runner up though (I just got tired of it). Prime 3: Corruption was a great single player game but was only worth playing once.
Win post
VIPER MCKAY
It has the DLC or else it gets the hose !!!!
604 Posts
I'll just be getting the game.
---
Dude
Lord of the Strings
4,372 Posts
Why does Activision always decide that pumping out sequels is the best idea?
ChrisGrenard
Axe Assassin
212 Posts
waterboy47 said:
Why does Activision always decide that pumping out sequels is the best idea?


Because it's the XXXXXTREME thing to do, obviously.

(Chris has not yet forgotten the fiasco that was the XXX bicycling game)
---
The guy who runs Rock Band DLC Review Site
Dude
Lord of the Strings
4,372 Posts
I thought that was a snowboarding game. Or was that SXX?
(By the way, I think it's awesome you speak in third person)
ChrisGrenard
Axe Assassin
212 Posts
waterboy47 said:
I thought that was a snowboarding game. Or was that SXX?
(By the way, I think it's awesome you speak in third person)


If you find some of the error messages on my site you'll see all sorts of me writing in the third person. Stuff like, "Chris has no idea how you got to this page, since you are only supposed to get here if things go horribly, horribly wrong. Chris recommends that you e-mail him about how you got here and then immediately get off of the internet and go sit in the sunshine while he figures this out."
---
The guy who runs Rock Band DLC Review Site
Dude
Lord of the Strings
4,372 Posts
Nice. It adds for a better reflection experience.

Also, I've been flagging reviews that give 5 stars or 1 star and only say one word (like a great reveiw that gave 1 star and said horrible).
Dog
Woof
Senior Mod
29,695 Posts
nonzzero said:
Guitar Hero hasn't totally lost me yet. I do admit GH3 has the least replayability of any of the GH games I've tried and a lot of things bugged me about it, but we'll see if they improve any.

I will definitely at least get the game itself. Getting new instruments depends entirely on my financial situation.

I'm also getting GH: Aerosmith.

I will not be getting GH: Metallica.


interesting, because I remember reading things in the past when GH2 was releasing DLC how "DLC is killing gaming" and how people can't afford to buy DLC. Yet, almost nothing when Guitar Hero is now releasing a "spin-off" in what seems like every 6-8 months trying to cash in.

GH: Metallica has me interested, but if the difficult factor is anything that GH3, I'll pass. I like to have fun, not wanting to throw my very plastic guitar, through my very real window. and I thought of getting GH: Aerosmith for achievements, but I can't see myself paying $60 for a game like that, when I remember GH: Rock's the 80's clearly.
non_zero
Superior
Admin
11,485 Posts
dogmatic2121 said:

GH: Metallica has me interested, but if the difficult factor is anything that GH3, I'll pass. I like to have fun, not wanting to throw my very plastic guitar, through my very real window. and I thought of getting GH: Aerosmith for achievements, but I can't see myself paying $60 for a game like that, when I remember GH: Rock's the 80's clearly.


It's Metallica. It's pretty much going to be as difficult as the Metallica songs that have been available to us so far, meaning REALLY fucking difficult.

I like Aerosmith, so I don't mind spending that much to play a couple dozen of their songs, especially considering their guitar prowess.
---
Dog
Woof
Senior Mod
29,695 Posts
nonzzero said:
It's Metallica. It's pretty much going to be as difficult as the Metallica songs that have been available to us so far, meaning REALLY fucking difficult.


lol, you have a point, sir.
Dude
Lord of the Strings
4,372 Posts
Aerosmith is the most overrated band in the history of ROCK. It's going the way of Dragonforce now.
Anonymous
Roadie
0 Posts
GH:Metallica will be amazing simply because Kirk Hammett is amazing. I mean, I could have sex with that guy, and I wouldn't even consider it gay. THAT'S how awesome he is. The guitar work in Aerosmith is nothing extraordinary.
Dude
Lord of the Strings
4,372 Posts
OoxARESxoO has just come out of the closet everybody!
1 2 3 < Previous Next > Last >> Page 1
Legend: Administrator | Moderator | Unread | Read | Locked